- Researching and analyzing market data
- Marketing clients home for maximum exposure
- Negotiating contracts and repairs to benefit my clients
- Educating clients and evaluating various aspects of a home
- Identifying and communicating opportunities or potential hazards
- Documenting and coordinating all details around closings
As a Memphian, I have owned homes in several locations around the Mid-South and renovated a historic home built in 1900 and also two classic East Memphis 50s and 60s style homes. I look at a home for what it is and also what it could be. I understand what it takes financially and the personal commitment to improve or renovate a home.
My education and background provide me a very unique skill set and perspective:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s in Business Administration (Summa Cum Laude)
- General contractor’s license
As a mechanical engineer who worked in the auto industry for many years, I developed a very detailed and systematic approach to problem-solving and resolution. I also worked with several small businesses and start-ups where it is critical to understand the market dynamics and competitive advantages -- both of which play a significant role in marketing, negotiating and financing. Having built and renovated homes, I understand the process, timing and details in a home project. My previous experiences enable me to better advise my clients in ways others agents can't.
I know the excitement, stress and joys of the home buying and selling experience, and I have built a team around me to make the transition smooth and seamless. In fact, many of my clients have become great personal friends.
I married an exceptional woman, Courtney, and we have a baby boy named William.
Some of my hobbies include designing and building projects -- from custom closets to water features. I also enjoy riding my motorcycle and fishing and diving in the ocean.